Counselling Skills For Non Counsellors
A 3-day course from Relate, the acknowledged experts in relationships
The Garden Room, St Marys Platt, Longmill Lane, Sevenoaks TN15 0NE
A knowledge of counselling skills can be extremely helpful in our daily lives – whether it is in knowing how to support friends, coping with difficult relationships or for use professionally by those working in management, healthcare, human resources, education, or in one of the many social enterprise, statutory or voluntary organisations.
- the Three Stage Model of Counselling, both teaching the theory and giving course members the chance to practise the skills;
- effective communication skills;
- managing change, transition and loss;
- ethics, boundaries, confidentiality and good practice;
- when to refer people to another source of support;
- exploring ways of developing self-awareness.
Successful completion (i.e. full attendance) of the course leads to a certificate in Counselling Skills for Non Counsellors issued by Relate.
Dates and venue:
- 24th September, 1st & 8th October 2019